In our previous post, we introduced you to the concept of regular ‘website updates’. As we explained, when you frequently change your home page, you tell your visitors that you are an active company.
In addition, you show them the value that you give to the communications you have with your clients and potential clients.
Your Update Checklist
When companies ask our president Brent Kobayashi about ways to create content for their sites, he usually draws a quick checklist.
As he explains, this list helps our clients to understand the multiple options they have to easily find new and useful material for their sites. Here are some of them:
1. Has your company done anything new or interesting recently? This can be things such as finishing a larger job, gaining a new client, hiring a new person, or sponsoring a charity.
2. Will your company be attending any events such as a tradeshow in the near future?
3. Are there any new products on the market that your company is using or selling?
4. Are there any trends or news in the general industry that your company is in?
5. Is there anything happening seasonally or periodically that a visitor should be aware of? This can be things such as tax deadlines, or checking your furnace in the fall
6. Are there questions that you frequently answer for your clients?
7. Is there anything that you wish all your clients knew?
If the answer to any of the questions is yes, congratulations you have an update for your website.
In other words, you have a way to let your clients and potential clients see that:
- You are current
- You communicate well
- You are ready for their business
And if you would like to know more about how to discover content and change your home page, feel free to contact us at our Toronto office.